Seeds germinate in the darkness, and push their way up through the soil until they finally see the light of day. Nature is constantly showing us the value of going within, and working our way through the darkness toward the light.
None of us escape the experience of pain, physical or emotional, within our lifetimes. In fact, the more we try to avoid it, the more likely we will attract more of it. (What we resist, persists.)
Abraham calls the opposite of what we want to experience (our desires) ‘contrast’. Why would all of us experience so much contrast if, as I often say, we are living in a benevolent universe?
All contrast, all pain has a purpose and a value.
Seeds of Opportunity
Think and Grow Rich author, Napoleon Hill, is famous for his statement that, “Every adversity, every failure, every heartache carries with it the seed of an equal or greater benefit.” This is also a common mindset of successful business owners.
While many people get stuck in and on the problem, and stay there, successful business owners look at the problem as an opportunity to shift strategies and try something new. The clue to the solution is often within the problem, itself.
Here are a few clues to consider along your journey:
- Get into the vibration of the solution. The vibration of the problem(s) and the vibration of the solution(s) are at opposite ends of the energy spectrum. So, we must first let go of the idea that a problem is permanent or unsolvable, and open our mind to all the opportunities and benefits that our contrast contains.
- Embrace each experience. The seeds of our growth, expansion, and prosperity lie within the ability to embrace every experience that our business has to offer, from the successes to the failures, and see the opportunities. Shake off the anger, resentment, and frustration because those keep you stuck at the vibration of the problem.
- Train your eyes to see the opportunities. If you don’t currently have eyes for the opportunities, you can train your mind to look for them. Positive, powerful, and focused affirmations train your conscious and subconscious mind to look for the positive, powerful, and focused opportunities all around you.
- Know which opportunities are right for you. You will know which ones are right for you by how they feel. If if feels exciting, fun, interesting, intriguing…light and good…then, check it out. If it leaves you feeling heavy or depleted, it’s not for you (at this time).
- RELAX! I’ve said it before, and I’ll keep saying it: When we are relaxed, everything from our brains to our body functions better, and solutions come to us more quickly. Don’t know how to relax? Here’s a good place to begin: Get some rest and activate your joy list.
- Use your knowledge to serve. After you’re rested, and have reaped the benefit from your contrast, use all the knowledge you gained from the experience to help others. In some cases, you will be paid to do this, as many healers and creatives are paid to help others. In some cases you might not, as when volunteering or when it can benefit humanity. The important part is making sure the value of the experience is harnessed and passed along to benefit others.
OK, now I want to know: How have you embraced your seeds of opportunity? Share in the comments, below.